Friday, September 14, 2007

Cornell Notes??? To note or not to Note??

Astrongguy90:
I am really glad you asked the question about the Cornell notes!! It is funny you asked because middle school students are starting to learn the note-taking system too!! We felt as a faculty that better late than never was better than never. I do hope you understand we arent' trying to punish you, but provide you with skills to be successful in college. Comments? Talk to Mrs. Lucas about this. she has some great ideas.

3 comments:

chrissy said...

Cornell notes are a waste like not to be all negative but everyone i talk to say's these cornell nots are dumb so they dont do them. and i know from my viewing..i dont do them and if i do its a waste of my time bescuase i never look at my notes anyway. i just study from the book. and some people cant understand the cornell style. I think since its are notes we should wright them how we want/ undestand and we SHOULDNT be getting graded for them.

criticalxacclaimed91 said...

The Cornell Notes was a good idea in the beginning, but the more I use it I see that it doesn't help me as much as I thought. In some classes I can write my notes in Cornell style, but in others, I get confused. I just wanted to let Mr. Siversten and the staff know that it doesn't help everyone, just some (if any). I know that it was something new and we all should have given it a try and we did, it just didn't work out in our favor. So, basically what I'm saying is that the kids who want to do their notes their way should, it's the best. Many teachers have told my classes that this style of note taking will help you learn more, I beg to differ. My way of notes help me more than these Cornell Notes. That's just me being honest.

Shorty said...

i think they are ok but i think it should be our choice whether or not we want to do these style of notes.we shouldnt be graded.